The Wine Society, Stevenage
- Client: The Wine Society
- Architect: Vincent and Gorbing
- Market Sector: Industrial
- Services: Structural Engineering
A landmark temperature controlled high bay steel framed warehouse extension comprising a braced steel frame structure 18m clear to underside of a 45m clear span trussed roof structure connected to the existing wine warehouse facility. The scheme involved a combination of pad and piled foundations and a sustainable urban drainage solution with some 380 cubic metres of surface water attenuation to meet the current PPG25 requirements for climate change.
The construction included the innovative use of Hemcrete® in the wall construction constructed using off-site manufactured panels. This project is believed to be the first time that Hemcrete® has been used in conjunction with a high bay steel frame building.
- Innovative use of Hemcrete in the wall construction.
- Constructed using off-site manufactured panels.
- Firts UK in high bay steel frame building.
- Highly thermally efficient building leading to significant reduction in energy costs.
Other Industrial Projects: | view all
Greene King Westgate Brewery
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Chill Store and Berths