Oasis Academy, Enfield
- Client: Kier London
- Architect: Capita Percy Thomas
- Market Sector: Education
- Categories: Academy
- Services: Structural Engineering
MLM provided Structural and Civil engineering services for this state-of-the-art secondary school in Enfield. The Academy is situated on the Innova Park Estate, Enfield Lock, with purpose-built facilities for 1,150 students aged 11-19, including Sixth Form facilities for 250. The Academy will specialise in Business & Enterprise.
- Braced steel framed structure with 10 metre spanning hollow core floor units. This form of structure was selected to provide large column free areas with flush soffit utilising the thermal mass of the units.
- Curved elevations of render, timber and curtain walling.
- ETFE inflated roof construction.
- Substructure generally piled with vibro improved ground slab.
- ‘BREEAM for Schools’ Very Good rating.
Other Education Projects: | view all
University of Essex
Thomas Clarkson School