Nene Waterfront, Wisbech
- Client: Taylor Wimpey
- Architect: -
- Market Sector: Retail
- Services: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services, Environmental
Taylor Wimpey were the chosen developer for the regeneration of Nene Waterfront, Wisbech which comprises commercial/retail with apartments fronting the River Nene and a combination of traditional private and social housing behind. The site is a former gas works and timber yards. Enabling works remediation and limited infrastructure by Fenland District Council (FDC) was undertaken to an agreed specification prior to development.
Services provided include:
- Protracted negotiations on behalf of Taylor Wimpey with FDC on level of remediation.
- Input into Head of Terms for site remediation.
- Agreement of remediation strategy and specification.
- Pre-remediation investigations include soil, groundwater and gas.
- Geotechnical site investigations and advice on foundation solutions, earthworks etc.
- Geotechnical and Environmental consultancy in relation to future development.
- Coordination of piled foundation to apartments with river wall tie rods.
- Ground improvement techniques for the housing.
- Concrete framed flat slab structure for the medium rise apartments.
Other Retail Projects: | view all
Co-op Fiveways Store
Peartree Road, Stanway
Neats Court Development
Isle of Sheppey