Caspian Wharf, Bow, London
- Client: Berkeley Homes (East Thames)
- Architect: Stefan Zins Architects Ltd
- Market Sector: Residential
- Services: Building Services
This development was a phased regeneration project, replacing a derelict commercial site with a blend of residential apartments and small retail/commerical units. The primary site is located between the DLR and Violet Road, with a boundary on the Limehouse Cut Canal.
Phase one of the site delivered 111 low-cost apartments for rent and shared ownership, developed in association with a local housing provider, with an independent energy centre, water and electricity infrastructure.
The second phase was a more significant scheme with a basement car park, energy centre, 480 apartments and commercial units for independent occupancy.
- Low energy C.H.P. Communal heating system
- Thermal interface units for on-demand heating and hot water generation
- ‚ÄúSmart‚ÄĚ metering of energy use
- Combined smoke extraction and environmental extract to communal areas
- Flexible door entry and security systems
- Integration of sub-station into building design
- Early dialogue with Statutory Authorities to identify impact of development.
Other Retail Projects: | view all
Neats Court Development
Isle of Sheppey
56-58 Artillery Lane
New Motorist Centre
Bury St Edmunds
Mamas and Papas
West London Store
Co-op Fiveways Store
Peartree Road, Stanway